Hospital accepting emergencies only.
8 Mar 2016 – The City is shut down, Arctic Winter Games hockey games are delayed until noon, the hospital is open only for emergencies and many businesses are closed as Iqaluit weathers another blizzard … the second blizzard in a week.
Some of the offices closed are:
• Government of Nunavut offices
• Nunavut Legislative Assembly
• Nunavut Court of Justice
• Iqaluit Housing Authority
• Qikiqtani Inuit Association
• Qikiqtaaluk Corp.
• Maliganik Tukiisiniakvik
• Parks Canada
• Public Prosecution Service of Canada
• Indigenous and Northern Affairs
• Nunavut Justice Centre
It’s -23 C in the capital but feels like -41.
See video of the wind and snow:
CBC Nunavut staff have also been instructed to stay home until further notice — something that rarely happens.
Thanks to Argiris Diamantis for these links