Heavy snowfall will continue over southwestern Alberta tonight. Most regions will see significant amounts of snowfall. Total accumulations will approach 40 to 50 cm (almost 2 ft) by Monday morning with extreme southwestern portions of Alberta possibly approaching 100 cm (more than 3 ft). The snow will move into Saskatchewan on Monday
As of 9:30 AM 30 cm (12 inches) of snow has been reported in the Crowsnest region.
Heavy wet snow may cause local power outages.
Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult. Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. Road closures possible. Heavy snowfall accumulation may cause tree branches to break.
Winter storm warning in effect for:
- M.D. of Pincher Creek near Beauvais Lake Prov. Park
- M.D. of Pincher Creek near Cowley Burmis and Maycroft
- M.D. of Pincher Creek near Pincher Creek and Twin Butte
- M.D. of Ranchland
- Municipality of Crowsnest Pass including Coleman and Frank
- Piikani Reserve
- Waterton Lakes Nat. Park and Blood Res. 148A
Hazardous winter conditions expected.
Southern Alberta has lots of warnings out right now:
https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/index_e.html?prov=ab – for all of alberta,
Thanks to Lance for these links