Greater Lake Tahoe ares, Western Plumas County, Lassen Volcanic National Park and the West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada including I-80 over Donner Pass, Highway 50 over Echo Summit and Highway 88 over Carson Pass.
…WINTER STORM WARNING UNTIL 6 PM PST THIS EVENING…
* WHAT…Heavy wet snow expected, mostly above 6500 feet.
Additional accumulations of 4 to 8 inches above 7000 feet with
up to 14 inches along the crest. Up to 2 inches of wet snow
possible for locations below 6500 feet. Wind gusts up to 45 mph
possible with waves 2 to 4 feet on Lake Tahoe.
* WHERE…Greater Lake Tahoe Area.
* IMPACTS…Travel could be difficult, especially over passes.
…WINTER STORM WARNING UNTIL 6 PM PST THIS EVENING ABOVE 6500 FEET…
* WHAT…Heavy wet snow occurring. Travel will be very difficult.
Tree branches could fall as well. Additional wet snow
accumulations of 8 to 12 inches are expected.
* WHERE…Western Plumas County, Lassen Volcanic National Park and
the West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada including Interstate 80
over Donner Pass, Highway 50 over Echo Summit and Highway 88
over Carson Pass.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Be prepared for significant reductions in
visibility at times. Gusty winds will also be likely, especially
through the higher northern Sierra passes.
A Winter Storm Warning for wet snow means there will be snow
covered roads and limited visibilities. Travel is not recommended
while the warning is in effect. If you must travel, keep an extra
flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency. The latest road conditions for the state you are
calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Thanks to Oly for these links